Monday, December 15, 2008

Randomness du Jour

Posting may be sporadic until the new year, but here are some other links you may want to explore. Maybe you'll find a new blog or two to add to your daily reading.

A big thanks to Chris Poggiali for getting Temple of Schlock up and running. Much of it is reprintings from his old zine about cult movies, but I'm also enjoying the obscure old movie posters and pulp novels in his collection. HARRY AND THE BIKINI BANDITS, with a hero who looks just like William Smith, is a paperback I have to read.

If you're into old comics, Dial B for Blog is one of the best reads around (certainly in terms of its design). A new article appears about every week or so. Right now, learn the history of Tower Comics' legendary T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents, co-created by the great Wally Wood.

My boy Richard Harland Smith recently visited Vasquez Rocks, one of Hollywood's most enduring movie and TV locations, and posted about it at Turner Classic Movie's Movie Morlocks blog. A photo he took there looks almost identical to one I took when I visited Vasquez Rocks in 2006. Now, we have to get RHS to see Bronson Canyon.

I've posted about Bookgasm before, but if you enjoy reading at all, you might want to check it out.

Moviezzz always has something going on about books or movies, particularly if they concern the 1980s. If you're a fan of actresses like Betsy Russell, Deborah Foreman, Lucinda Dickey, and Wendy Kilbourne (whom I loved on MIDNIGHT CALLER), find out what they're up to today.

I could definitely do more, but it's getting late. Also, see my list of featured blogs on the right sidebar for more interesting reads. Catch you soon.

P.S. I was thrilled to note that, in CHUCK's universe, DIE HARD doesn't exist. John McClane's squareoff against Hans Gruber and his terrorist band actually happened!

2 comments:

TALKING MOVIEzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Temple of Schlock said...

Marty, you rock! Thanks for the plug!